Vinay Torani is a managing director in Navigant’s transaction advisory services practice in New York. He has over 18 years of corporate finance, valuation, and mergers and acquisition advisory experience. Vinay provides valuation and related advisory services, including fairness opinions, to private, publicly traded, and early-stage companies with respect to their underlying business or assets for strategic evaluation, tax, and financial reporting purposes and for purposes of valuations in connection with M&A transactions. Vinay’s clients include hedge funds and private equity funds, as well as publicly traded and private companies in the life sciences, healthcare, industrial products, not-for-profit, technology and telecommunications sectors.
- Assisted senior management and the board of an industrial products company on developing a corporate business strategy. Identified and evaluated a number of strategic initiatives, quantified the financial impact of each initiative, and recommended a strategy for the company.
- Developed projections for a pharmaceutical company based on the R&D pipeline of the company and valued the business to assist management in a capital raise. Subsequently rendered a fairness opinion to the board in connection with a subsequent merger of two affiliated companies.
- Advised a publishing company in evaluating strategic growth options for the business resulting in a market assessment and identification of potential acquisition targets.
- Advised a not-for-profit healthcare company in connection with the sale of a business to a strategic buyer. Conducted a valuation of the business and rendered a fairness opinion to the board in connection with the transaction.
- Performed a valuation of a larg e pharmaceutical distributor in relation to a potential joint venture with a strategic partner.
- Advised the special committee of a publicly listed telecommunications company in relation to a going private transaction and rendered a fairness opinion in connection with the transaction.
- Engaged by the board of an industrial products company in relation to the price for a buy-back of shares from minority shareholders.
- Performed purchase price allocations and legal entity valuations for numerous transactions in the life sciences, telecom, industrial products, and technology industries.
Prior to joining Navigant, Vinay worked at Duff & Phelps in its Valuation Advisory Services practice. He also held positions at Ambit Corporate Finance’s M&A group, an investment bank in India, and at PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Financial Advisory Services practice in New York