Brian Segobiano is an Associate Director in the Global Technology Solutions practice. He specializes in conducting complex data analytics and developing custom applications for legal counsel, risk managers and financial teams.
Selected engagement experiences include:
- Fraud Detection Analytics leading teams in the development of algorithms and custom dashboards to monitor and investigate suspicious activity in enterprise vendor payment and time-entry systems.
- Healthcare Analytics through the development of web-based tool to produce benchmarking report which analyzed client reimbursement rates against the market at the MSA, facility, payer and service-line level for over 30 unique metro areas and 70 facilities.
- Anti-Money Laundering Analytics in support of financial institutions in remediation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system.
- Aggregated, validated and tested various transaction systems in order to replicate and analyze customer activity over the risk period.
- Performed gap analysis to identify current system issues and tested defect fixes to ensure accuracy of transaction monitoring and minimization of risk.
- Data Discovery in both structured and unstructured datasets. Led audio, document and structured data discovery efforts for clients in energy and CPG industries facing class-action complaints.
- Mortgage Backed Security Discovery overseeing the discovery and analysis of multiple terabytes of loan and asset-backed security (MBS) information in support of litigations being brought against client.
- Created database to aggregate analyzable metadata on over 1 billion pages of loan file data.
- False Claims Review managing multiple components of large Medicaid claim litigation.
- Replicated opposing experts damage model and developed database to allow clinical reviewer findings to display the inaccuracy of the claims made against municipal client.
- Damage Modeling through the developed analyses and damage models for clients involved in multi-claim class action employment litigation disputes.
- Tax Controversy assisting financial services and software clients respond to transfer pricing allegations bought by the IRS.
- Analyzed internal reports, revenue accounting data and SEC filings to develop working income statements of previously unreported business segments that were center of transactional dispute.
- Report findings and valuation were presented in United States Tax Court.
- Healthcare Compliance Application Development managing project to assist medical device manufacturer implement compliance reporting related to the Sunshine Act.
- Worked with multiple internal departments and the office of the CIO to aggregate reporting into a single system and produce consolidated online reporting.
- Valuation Modeling through development of working models to replicate third-party valuations and product life-cycle calculations of client's business.
- Created and analyzed income statements for DCF valuation.