Brian provides expert solutions to manage enterprise data to support compliance, investigations, and business intelligence. He has extensive experience developing modern data privacy programs, leading e-discovery engagements, developing enterprise data maps, and simplifying complex analytics. Brian has worked across industries with particular experience supporting pharmaceutical, medical device, healthcare, and banking clients.
Brian is currently assisting a number of clients develop modernized data privacy programs to respond to emerging regulations such as the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This has included integration of compliance, information security, information technology, and legal functions in order to demonstrate and maintain compliance.
Brian has supported clients in both reactive and proactive settings in legal technology and eDiscovery. Brian has led many large engagements requiring the collection, analysis, and production of both structured and unstructured data from in-house and third party SaaS platforms for clients facing complex investigations and disputes. Proactively, Brian has assisted clients develop gap analyses and playbooks for responding to.
Supporting all of Brian's engagements is a deep understanding of data analytics. He has experience blending, transforming and analyzing disparate data sets through the application of advanced technologies in programming and data visualization.
Examples of Brian's project work include:
- Data Privacy - led team in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to demonstrate compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation including data inventories, data subject rights handling, data protection impact assessments, and other requirements.
- Life Science Transparency Reporting - led team conducting advanced analytics to identify potentially reportable transactions with healthcare providers both within and outside the US
- Information Governance - guided clients developing data inventories/maps and conducting gap assessments to modernize their analytics, compliance, legal, business intelligence, and privacy programs
- Life Science Compliance - Led the development of advanced analytics, algorithms and dashboards to analyze payment and prescription data for internal audit and compliance and IRO support
- Healthcare Analytics - led development and delivery of business intelligence dashboard tool to allow healthcare systems conduct analyses of their commercial reimbursements and benchmark against the market at the MSA, facility, payer and service-line levels.
- International Banking - Led team in investigation of international banking activity under scope of FATCA. Analyzed historical customer profiles and wire transfer activity to identify responsive transactions to be reviewed for potential tax evasion.
- Fraud Detection - Led teams in the development of algorithms and custom dashboards to monitor and investigate suspicious activity in vendor payment, financial trading, and time-entry systems.
- Anti-Money Laundering - Supported financial institutions in remediation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) systems. Conducted reconciliations, gap analyses, and provided scenario tuning guidance based on data profiles.
- Data Discovery - Led audio and structured data discovery efforts for clients in energy and CPG industries facing class-action complaints.
- Mortgage Backed Securities - Oversaw the discovery and analysis of multiple terabytes of loan and asset-backed securities in support of litigation being brought against client.
- False Claims Review - Managed multiple components of large Medicaid claim litigation. Replicated opposing experts damage model and developed review platform to assess validity.