Jim Richardson is an Associate Director in the Healthcare practice. He is an experienced supply chain consultant, manager, and industrial engineer, working for over 30 years in the healthcare industry. As a consultant, he has managed a variety of successful supply chain projects in numerous hospitals and IDNs in the US and Canada. As a supply chain manager, he has partnered with healthcare manufacturers, GPO’s, distributors, and service providers to bring millions of dollars of savings to healthcare organizations, by implementing new agreements, processes, programs, and technology solutions. As an industrial engineer, Jim designed, built, and managed distribution centers and distribution networks for major healthcare distributors. He was a major contributor to the design and implementation of real time warehouse management system at a major distributor, resulting in the savings of millions of dollars of supply chain inventory.
Recent Representative Experience
- Led a team of consultants to identify and implement savings in supply chain clinical and non-clinical departments of over $10M annual savings for a large Midwestern hospital.
- Worked on and managed a consulting team which implemented annual savings of over $7M of non- labor expenses in a major Academic Medical Center in the northeastern US.
- Managed a team of consultants to identify and implement savings initiatives totaling $3.5M in a small Mid-Atlantic healthcare system.
- Worked on a government intra-branch project to consolidate supply chain departments of two large military hospitals, creating logistics and sourcing synergies and savings thousands of dollars in the process.
- Worked with a large Mid-Atlantic healthcare provider facilitating the closing of an off-site supply distribution facility, while negotiating and implementing a new Medical Surgical Distribution contract, which provided for Low Unit of Measure deliveries directly to the hospital. The health system saved $1M annually by implementing this program.
- As a clinical and non-clinical purchased services SME, James identified and implemented savings in the areas of fleet maintenance, courier services, freight management, biomed service contracts, credit card transaction fees, DME outsourcing, Sleep Lab outsourcing, Food services, Instrument repairs, and Landscaping management.