Joseph Mevorah is a Director in the Transaction Advisory Services practice. He is a seasoned professional with a deep knowledge of Financial Institutions, who has spent his career involved in all aspects of the business including the securitization of all asset classes, mergers & acquisitions, asset valuation, capital raising and regulatory advisory.
Joe has more than twenty years of combined Wall Street and advisory experience and has strong relationships with large global financial institutions, US community bank sector senior management, and both Federal and state regulators.
Throughout his career, Joe has advised both senior management and boards of directors of firms ranging from the largest global financial institutions (including American Express, MasterCard, AXA Financial, Dresdner Bank) to regional and small depository institutions. Moreover, he has advised senior US Regulators, including the Chairman of the FDIC, and both the Federal Reserve and the United States House Committee on Financial Services (aka the House Banking Committee).
- Securitized bank & client assets, as well as facilitated the acquisition of regional banks for one of the largest US based commercial banks.
- At a “bulge bracket” Wall Street firm, was responsible for disposition of troubled assets both for clients and the institution itself, and then led the team responsible for the sale of firm owned companies, at which time he reported to executive management of both the institution and its corporate parent.
- Has liquidated in excess of $15 billion in various receivables through both securitization and whole loan sales, both public and private.
- Joined a “big 4” Consulting firm where he was responsible for financial institutions advisory on issues including asset dispositions/securitization, regulatory issues and M&A.
- Subsequently spent a number of years at boutique investment banks, where he led the Financial Institutions efforts, helping troubled financial institutions through the 2008 recession, as well as advising them on disposing of assets. He also worked on advising the FDIC, FNMA, Freddie Mac and HUD on both asset disposition and institutional M&A activity.
- Raised over $2.8 billion in capital for a number of US based commercial banks.
- Is a frequent speaker at industry conferences including those sponsored by the Asset Securitization Forum, the Mortgage Bankers Association and the American Bankers Association.