Erick is a Director and is responsible for the ongoing evolution of Epic Systems based services and associated client project management. He is a seasoned project manager with considerable experience in EHR optimization and Revenue Cycle operational process improvement. Throughout his career, Erick has focused on operational engagement and and technology enhancement as a means of streamlining hospital and medical group Revenue Cycle operations. He has served as project lead for Revenue Cycle EHR implementations, system stabilization and optimization engagements, net revenue and process improvement projects, reporting enhancement initiatives, and organization re-design projects. Erick has participated in more than 30 Epic revenue cycle projects.
Prior to his consulting career, Erick worked as a Project Manager at Epic Systems Corporation with an emphasis on Revenue Cycle implementation.
- Directed the implementation of a robust set of Revenue Guardian edits at over 15 healthcare organizations, leading to several hundred live edits per site and multi-million-dollar net revenue improvement impacts.
- Directed a major Epic post-live stabilization project at an academic medical center with $3B in annual revenue, increasing revenue capture by 10%, decreasing DNFB by 80%, and leading to significant enhancements in hospital and professional pre-bill efficiency.
- Led an Epic pre-live risk mitigation engagement at a Catholic health system with over $15B in annual revenue. Attained >98% claims acceptance, <7 days DNFB, and over 105% of baseline revenue capture within 60 days post-live.
- Directed an Epic pre-implementation project focused on project infrastructure and governance, key scoping decisions, education structures, third party application selection and scoping, and overall implementation strategic advisement.
- Directed the centralization of pre-registration, scheduling, and hospital and professional billing in conjunction with an enterprise EHR implementation.
- Directed a Revenue Cycle optimization project focused on technical system enhancements and operational alignment to drive productivity and selectively score accounts for high impact workload management.
- Directed or managed over 15 revenue cycle assessment and technical diagnostic projects. Providing detailed roadmaps for client process improvement, net benefit realization, and system enhancement.