David Manek is a director in the Disputes, Forensics and Legal Technology segment. He is leading Navigant’s solution to assist organizations demonstrate compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which includes data management, data mapping, information security and privacy experts from across Navigant. Dave is currently serving as a Data Protection Officer for his clients.
Dave holds many professional certifications, including the CIPP/E, CIPM and the Certified Business Intelligence Professional certification which is the data warehousing industry’s most credible certification program.
Additionally, Dave provides expert consulting services to in-house and outside counsel involved in large, complex, data-intensive investigations between private parties and compliance matters before regulatory agencies.
Selected engagement experiences over the last 15 years include leading teams assisting in:
- The defense of a large international bank involved in mortgage-backed security disputes resulting from lawsuits between private parties or complaints filed by the Federal Housing Finance Agency and Federal Home Loan Banks
- The defense of a large international bank involved in anti-money laundering investigations in response to inquiries by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- The defense of a large international bank involved in a mutual fund market timing dispute requiring settlement distributions in response to investigations settlements the New York Attorney General and the SEC
- The defense of a joint defense group of large international bank underwriters involved in a securities class action
- The defense of a large healthcare network involved in a self-disclosure incident, which included independent monitoring and net overpayment reports filed with the Office of Inspector General
- The data driven internal investigation related to the theft of raw materials for a large utility
- The defense of a large utility in a racial discrimination case
- The defense of a large utility in a regulatory investigation involving allegations of cost mismanagement
- The defense of a large technology company being investigated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The defense of a large technology company in a dispute concerning most favored nation pricing disputes
- The defense of a large defense government contractor being investigated by the by the Department of Defense and the Defense Contract Audit Agency