As a Director in the Healthcare practice, Matthew Leshy brings expertise from past consulting engagements and from working directly for large healthcare providers. He is on the forefront of subject matters such as data driven decision making, system implementations, and project management, to name a few.
Matthew focuses on: revenue cycle, business design, business intelligence, transformational IT, and leadership. Some of his most recent work has been as an interim Deputy CIO, Ambulatory EMR and ICD-10 Program Director, consolidating business office functions, and improving cost to collect. He leverages this expertise and his interpersonal savvy to build honest and durable relationships with clients and team members.
Matthew brings a highly developed style of leadership, analytical toolkit, industry expertise, managerial skills, and a fluid and communication style developed. He leverages his experience and project management skills across acute care, outpatient, and all other health care settings to improve information technology, operations, revenue, and the quality of care each patient receives.
Areas of Expertise
Matthew Leshy brings a perspective that leverages operational, strategic, information technology, and financial subject matter expertise to every engagement, while never forgetting the true customer. Most importantly he is a no-nonsense implementation expert; he has the ability to lead large teams in complex situations.
Through this extensive industry experience, he has developed significant expertise in the following areas:
- Interim leadership: Director, VP and DCIO levels
- System implementations: Most recently an Ambulatory EMR
- Consolidated business office planning and implementation
- Effective employee performance, allocation and appropriate skill sets
- Revenue Cycle Cost to Collect improvement
- Vendor evaluations and strategies to most efficiently control vendor spend and outcome
- Revenue cycle system implementation: Soarian, Centricity and Epic
- ICD-10 readiness, remediation and implementation project management
- ICD-10 data governance and data conversion SME
- Test plan development and management: unit test through end-to-end fully integrated system testing and user acceptance for multi-location enterprises with native and foreign applications that effect the entire continuum of care delivery and healthcare revenue cycle
- Strategic capital allocation
- Leader of a Decision Support Services (DSS) department
- Development of a supply management process a newly constructed patient tower and emergency department including replenishment, par locations, par capacities, par levels and frequency
- Design a study of what nurses experience when asked to assume additional, unexpected responsibilities while still conducting their usual responsibilities during a shift (Complexity Compression)
- Leveraged Six Sigma and clinical process redesign to help mitigate the financial impact of CMS regulations concerning hospital acquired infections
- Six Sigma team lead
- Performed benefit realization study, which is the measurement of the success and/or failure of the EHR implementation and process redesign, otherwise known as clinical transformation
- Addressed foundational, immediate and long-term (including disease life-cycle management) outcomes that were expected of the clinical transformation project
- Supply chain operations assessment, identified cost reduction opportunities, process improvements, and opportunities to optimize the Lawson software
- Aided a northeastern community hospital in implementing a cutting edge EHR system
- At a children’s hospital on the West coast, Matthew identified a lack of patient care continuity and a weak revenue stream due to the patient and payor mix and used case management methodology to develop a careful integration of clinical care with an understanding of financial resources
- Manager of imaging and ancillary services