Pat Lapekas is a Director in the Performance Excellence Group in the Healthcare practice.She brings more than 30 years’ experience in healthcare operations, performance and process improvement, and organizational transformation.
An accomplished coach and consultant, Pat specializes in organizational transformation, lean six sigma, strategic planning, DNV & ISO implementation, and process management and improvement methodologies, including Baldrige, Lean and Six Sigma, and ISO. She has managed and delivered consulting services to leaders in health care and non-health care organization, both large and small, in their performance excellence journey and leadership and transformational / improvement efforts.
A sample of clients that Pat has worked with include: academic medical centers, state university schools of medicine, multi-facility health care systems, an organ procurement organization, a mid-size rural school system, a state county and a state agency.
- Provides coaching aimed at shifting executive team paradigms and ensuring stakeholder engagement at all levels of an organization.
- Performs organizational assessments using the Baldrige Criteria and other leading performance improvement frameworks to provide a holistic view of the greatest strengths and opportunities, and helps to prioritize operational improvement initiatives.
- Advises how to develop a roadmap and infrastructure for an organizational journey to build and accelerate excellence.
- Experience includes more than 25 years as an applicant, examiner, judge and consultant in Baldrige based assessment and improvement initiatives in health care, education, not-for-profit business and service, and government sectors.
Business Process Management and Improvement:
- Guides organizations to design, manage and improve key work processes that deliver products and services to achieve high customer value and organizational success.
- Helps to develop infrastructure and approaches to manage and improve work processes at all levels and in all areas of the organization.
ISO Implementation and Auditing:
- Provides leadership and technical expertise by developing quality management structures, implementation and auditing functions.
- Advises companies in the process of ensuring regulatory compliance to manager process effectiveness and drive customer value.