As a Managing Director and Healthcare practice leader, John Klare brings more than 25 years of healthcare consulting and operations experience. His expertise is focused on large scale operations improvement, post-merger integration and business transformation work for academic medical centers and large community hospitals and systems.
In his work, John has assisted many organizations with various aspects of their improvement process including:
- Defining their business imperative
- Developing communication plans
- Conducting improvement opportunity assessments
- Establishing the portfolio of improvement initiatives
- Developing detailed improvement initiatives
- Create realization schedules and KPIs
- Driving improvement teams to deliver results
- Achieving improvement objecties
John’s work covers the full spectrum of hospital operations including and he has lead improvement initiatives in:
- Organizational Structure
- Patient Care Services
- Revenue Cycle
- Supply Chain
- Surgical Services
- Emergency Services
- Care Management/Case Management
- Pharmaceutical Services
- Laboratory Services
- Hospital Information Services and Systems
- Support Services
- Clinical Documentation Services
- Payor Contracting
- Human Resource Management and Benefits
- Capital Planning
John currently serves as a Managing Director and Leader of the Provider Operational Effectiveness (Performance Improvement) group. In this role, John is responsible for ensuring that the work of the provider operations team focused on both hospitals and physician practices is of the highest quality and meets or exceeds our clients’ expectations.
Prior to Joining Navigant, John worked for a revenue cycle business process outsourcing firm where he:
- Consistently delivered >4% net revenue increases and 20% cost reduction for hospitals and health systems
- Oversaw the assessment, planning, and launch for new clients.
- Created a physician advisory service (PAS) line to provide clients with patient classification and compliance advice.
- Developed and led revenue growth solutions including charge capture, pricing, CDM, managed care contracting, and clinical documentation offerings.
Also prior to joining Navigant, John worked as a Managing Director for Huron Consulting and a Vice President for Cap Gemini Ernst & Young where he:
- Conducted multiple assessments to frame improvement agendas for large hospital systems.
- Developed operational productivity standards for large health systems.
- Drove operational improvements f or multiple community hospital systems.
- Developed post-merger integration agendas for hospital systems and academic medical centers.
- Led marketing, service delivery, and quality assurance for key provider engagements.
- Helped develop the healthcare operations and supply chain consulting practices.
- Helped attract, recruit, and retain healthcare provider consulting team.