David Hampshire is a Managing Director in Navigant’s Healthcare Practice co-located in the Chicago, Illinois and Phoenix Arizona offices. He is the global leader of the Healthcare Process Outsourcing and Technology Division. Dave has more than 35 years of management consulting and outsourcing experience serving integrated healthcare systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals, and health plans. Dave has extensive experience in operations improvement, revenue cycle, mergers and acquisitions, and information technology.
Select engagement experience includes:
- Directed numerous benchmarking and best practices assessments for large hospitals, health systems, and payers
- Managed the effort of restructuring an organization through management and staff layoffs, process re-engineering, and organizational alignment that turned an eight percent negative operating loss to break even within three months
- Directed the re-engineering of the supply and logistics processes at an academic medical center resulting in an eighty percent reduction in different processes and twenty-five million dollars of process cost reductions
- Managed the development of a clinical data warehouse for 20 health plans and 70 million claims
- Led the development of a business case for a shared services organization to reduce costs and improve quality for a large multi-state hospital system