Vivek Gursahaney is an associate director with Navigant's Healthcare team. He has more than 10 years of healthcare experience. His areas of expertise include clinical integration, population health IT, managed care strategy, clinical effectiveness programs and physician alignment. Vivek has managed and executed engagements for a variety of healthcare providers, ranging from 15+ hospital systems to independent community hospitals.
Select professional experience:
- Clinical Integration: Managed the assessment, development and implementation of clinically integrated networks connecting health systems, medical groups and independent physicians. Vivek’s work has included feasibility studies, structural design, financial modeling, contract development, infrastructure creation and clinical program support.
- Population Health IT: Led over a dozen CINs and ACOs in their evaluation and implementation of multiple IT platforms, including billing/claims data analytics platforms, patient registries, and care management workflow tools.
- Managed Care Strategy: Assisted in the creation of value-based contracting strategies & models, including hospital efficiency contracts, shared savings models, bundled payments and direct-to-employer narrow network products.
- Clinical Effectiveness Programs: Facilitated initiatives resulting in documentation of $3.7M in resource utilization savings, $300K in enhanced revenue and $200K in avoided CMS penalties. Vivek also has significant experience in measuring and analyzing primary care, specialist and hospital performance in discrete populations.
- Physician Alignment: Directed multiple physician integration initiatives resulting in implementation, including employment, co-management agreements and compen sation redesign. Much of his work focused on building alignment with cardiovascular and surgical specialties.
Prior to joining Navigant, Vivek worked in the Crimson Clinical Advantage Department of the Advisory Board Company and the Healthcare Strategy Consulting Practice of Dixon Hughes Goodman.