Sue Egan is an Associate Director in the Healthcare practice. She has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare field working with physicians, coders and hospitals; providing education and training related to coding and documentation, as well as capturing acuity and severity of illness.
- Physician Education – Teach physicians (all specialties) how to document acuity and severity of illness which leads to improved medical records, better reimbursement to the hospital, and improved statistical rankings (i.e. Health Grades top 100 hospitals)
- Practice Evaluations – Evaluate practices for hospital integration readiness, by reviewing CPT reports, charge capture process, charge master review, code selection, compliance and chart audits.
- Inpatient Procedural Coding – Various work performed in a lab setting to include diagnostic caths, PCI’s, Peripheral, EP, pacemakers, and ICD’s , and Interventional Radiology.
- Outpatient Documentation Review - Review outpatient coding and physician documentation, provide coding/charge capture to hospital personnel and support
Physician Practice Expertise
- Physician and Staff E & M Education; general as well as specialty specific
- CPT procedural coding & review –Cardiovascular surgery, Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Critical Care, Neurology, Medicine, Physical therapy, General surgery, Pulmonology, & Interventional Radiology, Orthopedics
- Audit/ review Evaluation and Management Services
- Create and implement compliance programs
- Charge Capture review
- Patient flow processes
- Physician productivity analysis
- Business Office Analysis