Greg Crouse is a Managing Director in the Financial Services practice at Navigant. He has more than 25 years of Financial Services consulting experience that includes commercial and retail banking with an expertise in payments, technology & business alignment, and operational performance & transformation. He has managed key strategic and operational initiatives on several complex integrations for large, multi-national banks; many engagements have been in excess of $100MM. His extensive experience integrating business operations with technology are complimented by a deep understanding of core, retail, ERP, and commercial banking systems.
Areas of Expertise:
- Operational/Risk Effectiveness and Process Re-Engineering
Advises senior operations and technology executives on transforming organizations to improve performance, and reduce expenses, as well as risk, through business process automation. Specializes in assessing operational, compliance, and strategic risks; opining on management responses and corresponding control activities.
- Target Operating Models
Performs operational and technology analysis to identify opportunities within organizations to optimize their use of people, business processes, and technology in a consistent manner.
- Large Technology Programs
Guides companies and leads large complex program implementations, including core, commercial, ERP, and payments technologies
- Conducted several Operational Risk Assessments which included an assessment of the organizations risk and control environment, as well as an assessment of the technologies utilized to track, monitor, and report on risks.
- Directed several FATCA compliance assessments, which included the technology remediation required to comply with FATCA regulations.
- Conducted several process re-engineering exercises related to branch processing, payments processing, mortgage processing, credit reporting, risk reporting, and other areas within Retail and Commercial banking.
- For a regional Bank, led an effort to retool branch and back-office processes reduce costs and increase service delivery. This included retooling the end-to-end business processes as well as the data center strategy to take this post-disaster scenario into account for on-going business continuity.
Target Operating Models:
- Headed an Enterprise target operating model deployment for a Top Ten Global Bank. The initiative includes the analysis of overarching business strategies and aligning these strategies with the future state technology architecture and application portfolio. The recommendations of this project spanned organizational models, enterprise architecture, and process improvements which reduced delivery and support costs for the organization.
- Managed several related engagements at 2 large European banks, and 2 US mid-sized investment management firms to assess and rationalize their use of various infrastructure technologies to reduce costs and increase system availability. Some of the strategies employed included virtualization, systems management investments, and process outsourcing.
Large Technology Programs:
- Large U.S. Card Issuer and Bank, steered the effort to create a program delivery methodology for the client’s largest initiatives to reduce failure rates and implementation costs. The resulting methodology as well as the team was then put in place to manage the PMO for a large engagement for the client.Large U.S. Bank, led the implementation of a ticketless transaction system to significantly reduce transaction times and reduce costs in the branch environment. Once deployed, this system was able to remove 85% of paper through the use of Point-of-Sale devices.
- Led Several ERP related initiatives around G/L and related accounting systems. One of these initiatives was over $200MM in spend. All these implementations were cross-functional and highly integrated.
Greg has managed several core banking and commercial systems implementations for Top 10 global banks. These were a combination of Commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom implementations.