Juan is an Associate Director within the Financial Services practice at Navigant. He is a delivery focused professional with proven analytical, management and organizational skills.
Juan has over 20 years of industry, consulting and project management experience and has provided asset management firms, prime brokers, hedge funds, private equity firms, fund administrators and broker dealers with operational, technology and service-related solutions including business transformation, business process optimization, and operations and technology enhancements. Juan has also led and assisted clients with the implementation of major operations and technology initiatives, developing and implementing complex assessments, creating implementation roadmaps, project managing multiple work streams, and improving application platforms and process workflows.
Selected engagement experiences include leading teams in:
- The development of a comprehensive study illustrating the expected benefits from an Advent Geneva (portfolio management & accounting system) solution for a prime broker.
- The Advent Axys to Geneva conversion at a hedge fund.
- The restructuring of Institutional, Corporate and Prime Brokerage Securities Lending businesses at a large investment bank.
- The creation of an operations model and selection of a mutual fund administrator for a large asset manager seeking to outsource its operations and distribution activities.
- The development of the entire policies & procedures manual for a prime broker.
- The development of a strategic restructuring and rationalization of client service and reporting portal for a prominent fund administrator.
- The development of an architecture and delivery roadmap for a client onboarding and middle office outsourcing initiative at major bank.
- The creation of a Capability Maturity Modeling framework at a Private Equity firm to better manage operational risk and align the firm's priorities.
- The restructuring of a client investment platform to accommodate both traditional and alternative investments at a large retail bank.