Eric Au is an associate director in the global legal technology and services practice. Eric has a proven track record for designing and implementing business processes in the technology space with the end-goal of improving operational efficiency and reducing redundancies.
With nearly 15 years of industry experience, Eric has been providing guidance on eDiscovery best practices and implementing/managing enterprise-level legal technology for clients. Eric has managed eDiscovery matters, which span across all facets of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), for Fortune 500 and Am Law 50 clients.
Prior to entering the eDiscovery/legal technology field, Eric worked as a software engineer.
Areas of Expertise
- Project Management: Managed large matters pertaining to internal/regulatory investigations or litigation for corporate and law firm clients; served as liaison between the corporate client, outside counsel, and eDiscovery service provider. Managed client and vendor relationships.
- Business Process Improvement: Streamlined business processes and workflows within the technology space for clients, which led to the optimization of work efficiency and reduction of costs. Performed current and future state assessment, gap analysis, and provided viable recommendations based on business requirements and time/cost constraints of the client.
Some of Eric's recent client engagements include:
- Designed and implementing a legal hold system for a global law firm
- Engaged in a legal spend reduction project for a Fortune 500 corporate client
- Managed an eDiscovery RFP for a Fortune 500 corporate client
- Performed IT risk assessment for a global law firm looking to mitigate their data breach exposure