What Providers Should Do:
Technology will be a catalyst for enterprisewide cost savings and efficiencies. Inaction and not understanding the elements and consequences of moving too slowly must be avoided.
- Maintain adequate levels of cash flow, access to capital, intellectual capital, new structures, processes, and a can-do attitude.
- Integrate technology to provide space and create command centers that streamline communication and data-sharing, including smart dashboards, alerts, reports, and automated follow-ups.
- Integrate "smart stores" into ambulatory care settings where customers can purchase wearables and learn how to utilize apps that communicate easily with their caregivers.
- Physicians are enabled to care for larger patient populations more quickly without compromising the quality of care.
- A provider's caregiving teams can successfully monitor the health of thousands of patients simultaneously.
- Efficiencies in care are created and educational opportunities provided to the consumer help elevate the provider's brand as it differentiates itself from the competition.
1 Jonathan Vanian, “Apple Considered Buying Medical Startup Crossover Health,” Fortune, Oct. 16, 2017.