Our client, a custody and private wealth bank, retained Navigant to provide project and program governance and structure during the acquisition of a European broker dealer. This large scale acquisition process involved extensive experience in global program governance and risk management.
The team led the transition of multiple work streams across three continents in order to meet the program deadlines. Navigant was engaged to support all aspects of the technology work streams to develop a consolidated project plan. The team worked directly with the technology infrastructure, application development, trading, finance, and operations teams to ensure a smooth transition process.
The client needed skills and experience from a firm with a global footprint.
The Navigant team integrated with key work stream leaders from three continents to document current state challenges, key milestones, delayed tasks, and implementation requirements.
Our team was comprised of deep subject matter experts in capital markets with a particular focus on tracking systems, integration, regulatory strategy, and operational risk.
In order to review and identify gaps in the existing integration plans, Navigant leveraged integration templates to produce a comprehensive project plan incorporating all key tasks across all core and non-core work streams to help streamline target dates and key milestones. The team conducted daily work stream meetings and developed weekly reporting dashboards to ensure inter-stream communication and capture all bottlenecks/issues and task delays for management. Furthermore, Navigant provided regulatory advisory services related to policies included in broker dealer operations and associated plans.
Navigant’s program management execution and governance models enabled the business owners to effectively track project updates and track and resolve project and program issues.
- Identified operational risk and compliance policies to be included in the integration planning related to regulatory compliance
- Analyzed current state operations and systems in order to identify opportunities for synergy, consolidation efficiency, and elimination of any current state tasks
- Produced comprehensive MS project plan and Gantt chart incorporating all key tasks across all core and non-core work streams, tracked on a weekly basis
- Synthesized daily status summary reports for key program management leaders to track status and capture issues
- Assisted in the development of business design requirements with application development work streams
- Communicated directly with the technology infrastructure and trading team vendors to ensure tasks are completed on time
- Conducted daily work stream meetings and developed weekly reporting dashboards to facilitate communication and capture all upcoming issues
- Produced a clear, prioritized roadmap and transition plan to help ensure future state objectives are developed in the acquisition process