COP24, the annual climate conference, will be convened under the presidency of Poland and will be hosted in Katowice, Poland in December 2018. About 20,000 people from 190 countries will take part in the event, including politicians, representatives of non-governmental organizations, the scientific community, and the business sector. Decision makers are expected to adopt decisions ensuring the full implementation of the Paris Agreement to keep the temperature rise below 2°C and adapt to climate change.
Several Navigant professionals will present or participate in side events:
- Daan Peters, associate director at Navigant, will present The Gas for Climate consortium, the future role of gas in a decarbonised EU energy system by 2050 on Wednesday, December 5 at 4 p.m.
- Noémie Klein, director at Navigant, and Ian Trim, director at Navigant, will present during a Carbon Pricing side event on Wednesday, December 5 at 10 a.m.
- Thibaud Lemercier, senior consultant at Navigant, will present during a Climate Action Tracker side event on Saturday, December 8 at 10:30 a.m.
- Yvonne Deng, associate director at Navigant, will present during the Climate Action Tracker Press Conference Tuesday, December 11 at 10:30a.m.
These Navigant professionals will also be in attendance:
- Daniel Becker, director at Navigant
- Katja Eisbrenner, director at Navigant
- Kees van der Leun, director at Navigant
- Moritz Schäfer, managing consultant at Navigant
- Sarah Guel, senior consultant at Navigant
- Kaboo Leung, senior consultant at Navigant
- Yannick Monschauer, senior consultant at Navigant
- Maurice Quant, senior consultant at Navigant