What Developers and Others in Miami Real Estate Need to Know
Stearns Weaver Miller and Navigant hosts a forum discussing the potential money laundering and asset forfeiture risks associated with real estate transactions in South Florida. Our panel of experts will discuss the applicable legal and regulatory requirements and guidance of the Bank Secrecy Act and asset forfeiture laws as well as FinCEN's Geographic Targeting Order relating to Miami.
Topics will include:
* How to recognize, identify and address the potential red flags for money laundering in real estate transactions
* Ensuring that you have appropriate controls in place to address these risks
* The nature and scope of due diligence that you need to conduct on potential purchasers
* Understanding who the actual purchasers are
* Understanding the source of the funds that are used to purchase the property
* Recent government resolutions implicating real estate
(Moderator) Carlos Canino | Shareholder, Stearns Weaver Miller | Founding Member of the Firm's Latin America Group
Clay Porter | Managing Director, Navigant | Former Acting Principal Deputy Chief and Bank Integrity Unit Chief - United States Department of Justice
Soledad Schneegans-Cano | Vice President, TotalBank BSA | Risk & Control Manager
Jason Hernandez | Shareholder, Stearns Weaver Miller | Former Assistant United States Attorney, SDNY
Peter Lopez | Shareholder, Stearns Weaver Miller
This event is by invitation only and space is limited.
Please RSVP to guarantee your space.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Stearns Weaver Miller
150 W. Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33130