Much has been written over the years about proving and pricing contractor claims on construction projects. But little has been published about subcontractor delay claims.
In a webinar hosted by Construction Claims Monthly titled, “Proving and Pricing Subcontractor Delay Claims” Navigant’s Jim Zack will present on issues, risks, and challenges concerning subcontractor delay and impact claims in a webinar hosted by Construction Claims Monthly titled, “Proving and Pricing Subcontractor Delay Claims” on March 15, 2016.
- Learn the typical causes of subcontractor delay and impact claims
- Exposure to contractual issues surrounding subcontractor delay claims
- Identify practical problems concerning subcontractor delay claims from the project owner’s viewpoint
- Highlight problems facing the general contractors when faced with the requests to pass through subcontractor delay claims to owners
- Discuss what damages may flow from subcontractor delay claims and the recoverability of such damages
- Learn the theories of recovery a subcontractor can employ when pursuing a delay claim against the general contractor
- Learn the value of pre-planning activities in such a manner as to avoid causing delay and impact to subcontractors
- As a general contractor, learn about the arguments subcontractors can use to pursue delay and impact claims
- Become knowledgeable about the risks of sponsoring subcontractor delay claims to owners
- Subcontractors will come to know the elements of proof which are required to successfully prosecute a delay and how to impact a claim against a general contractor
- As an owner, you will be able to understand and analyze/defend against subcontractor delay claims which have been passed against a general contractor