The challenges facing companies affected by environmental and toxic tort claims continue to evolve with environmental regulations and enforcement. From the large Superfund matters in the 1980s and 1990s to the smaller private party contribution actions of today, companies now rely less on litigation- and defense-oriented responses and more on proactive compliance auditing.
In addition, companies must now factor environmental compliance and the related public relations implications into their product manufacturing, content and supply chain decisions. Many companies now maintain separate financial reporting mechanisms for sustainability.
Navigant works with clients to address all environmental issues and challenges related to financial reporting, management strategy, corporate and real estate transactions, litigation, settlement, and compliance situations. We work closely with companies, steering committees, and corporate counsel at thousands of sites across the U.S. to deal with a broad range of environmental matters.
Expert Solutions for Environmental Disputes
Our environmental consulting team blends diverse backgrounds in accounting, engineering, economics, and information systems to provide:
- Environmental insurance coverage analysis
- Environmental damages and cost analysis
- Incurred cost reconstruction and future cost quantification
- Due diligence for financial reporting and corporate transactions
- Cost allocation and contribution analysis
- PRP identification, investigation and financial viability analysis
- Natural Resource Damages (NRD) claims
- Property Value Diminution (PVD) claims
- Enforcement penalties (BEN Modeling)
- Agency oversight cost analysis
- Real estate portfolio analysis and repositioning assistance
- Dispute resolution and expert witness services
- Environmental management system reviews