Jonathan T. Tomlin, Ph.D.
Principal and Managing Director
Dr. Jonathan Tomlin is a Principal and Managing Director of Navigant Economics, LLC. He has more than twenty years of experience in performing economic research and consulting services in the areas of economic damages and antitrust. Dr. Tomlin has also testified as an expert witness for cases in both state and federal courts.
Dr. Tomlin has advised clients regarding complex damages issues in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, false advertising, antitrust, class certification, and intellectual property. His industry experience includes the high technology sector, manufacturing, retailing, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and construction. He has taught principles of economic damages analysis in numerous seminars and as an instructor for the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
In the antitrust arena, some of the areas in which Dr. Tomlin has advised clients include price-fixing, monopolization and attempted monopolization, vertical restraints, exclusionary conduct, price discrimination, and predatory pricing. He has spoken on issues involving antitrust economics on numerous occasions in such forums as the George Mason Law Review Antitrust Symposium and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
Dr. Tomlin has published in the area of law and economics in peer reviewed research journals, law reviews, news publications, on-line publications, and the ABA published book “Market Definition in Antitrust.” His research has appeared in such forums as the Review of Law & Economics, the B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, and the George Mason Law Review. He has served as an economic commentator for the on-line edition of Forbes and the Street.com.
Dr. Tomlin holds a B.A. in economics from the University of Pennsylvania, an M. A. in economics from the University of California, Los Angeles, and a Ph.D. in economics from UCLA. He is the co-founder of Reading to Kids and a member of the Board of Directors of School on Wheels.
Download Dr. Tomlin's comprehensive CV
Memberships and Activities
- American Economic Association
- National Association of Business Economists
- Licensing Executives Society
- American Finance Association
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, Economics Instructor
- Journal of Forensic Economics, Referee
- Issues in Competition Law and Policy, American Bar Association, Contributing Editor
- American Law and Economics Association
- Western Economics Association
- UCLA Graduate Economics Association, President
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Economics Society, President