Ambulatory Surgery Center Solutions
Owning an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) can be rewarding and profitable, but it can also pose unique challenges.
Navigant’s ASC Solutions professionals have worked with more than 150 ASCs in 20 states, and have the knowledge, experience and resources necessary to develop and operate a successful, high-quality, doctor/patient/customer-focused center.
ASCs and owners are not immune to the challenges associated with healthcare reform. The Navigant team has a thorough understanding of ASC sales and ownership structures, including partnerships, LLCs and joint ventures. Our team is also very familiar with federal and state laws and regulations covering physician ownership in ASCs, including Stark Self-Referral Laws and Safe Harbors. Using this knowledge, Navigant can guide existing centers through syndication or partnership restructuring to ensure a smooth transition.
Organizations that are opening an ASC can rely on Navigant for the tools to manage that process. Navigant’s development experience and position as a neutral manager allow our team to help clients make the best decisions for a particular project at every step. Our management services ensure that operations run smoothly as soon as the doors open.
Navigant ASC Solutions practice operates under the following principles:
- We believe in developing state-of-the art centers that offer the highest quality personal healthcare services to the community in a cost-conscious manner, while providing an optimal environment for the physician users of the center.
- We believe the surgeon-patient relationship is the basic building block of outpatient surgery: the raison d’être.
- We believe in doing right by the patients, by the center, by the partners and by its employees.
- We believe in a decentralized local approach to center operations with a focus on high-quality, personal care in a cost-conscious environment.
- Our number one objective is to ensure that centers meet or exceed their financial goals and the expectations of the participants. We have no secondary agendas.
- We are interested in building successful businesses for our physician affiliates. Our track record in the development and operation of diverse opportunities across the U.S. for varied clients and partners (physicians, hospital and managed care groups) attests to that fact.
Ambulatory Services Strategy
Medical Community in Need of an ASC
A Southeast region medical community was in need of a freestanding surgical facility and engaged Navigant because of their expertise in ambulatory surgery and experience in forming joint ventures with entities of complex and varying organizational structures. Navigant’s Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Solutions team went to work to complete construction of the new center in less than 18 months from the time that the Certificate of Need was obtained. The Navigant experts assisted in obtaining state licensure as a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center, Medicare certification, and continue to provide guidance with day-to-day operations, financial management and reporting, and with negotiating managed care contracts. Today, the center has completed over 5000 procedures in multiple specialties in 36-physician partnership and is aligned with a large, local health system
Click here to read our insights on the healthcare industry.