As the cost of renewable energy technologies declines and government support increases, investors, utilities, and governments are exploring ways to implement or invest in distributed renewable energy programs, projects and companies. However, the evolving nature of the regulatory environment surrounding distributed renewable energy often raises more questions than it answers.
Navigant's team of renewable energy experts helps clients manage the uncertainty surrounding distributed renewable technologies and gain clarity and direction. These efforts focus on answering several significant questions, including:
- Which distributed renewable energy technologies are appropriate in our region?
- What is the technical potential for those technologies in our service territory?
- What is the best way to procure distributed renewable energy?
- How do we justify investment in distributed renewable energy to our public service commission?
- How will pending legislation impact our implementation or investment?