GKS Gold® Generation Benchmarking
Navigant's Generation Knowledge Service Suite (GKS Gold® Suite) is a value-added decision tool used by leading generation companies throughout the U.S. and Canada. Generators can use GKS to examine the current position of their fossil, hydro and/or wind assets in the markets they serve and compete in. GKS Gold® helps generators to define the steps necessary to improve the cost and/or performance of their generation fleet compared to other companies in the industry—the ultimate peer group by which companies measure themselves.
Available since 2000, Navigant's web-enabled GKS Fossil® benchmarking service is the leader in generation benchmarking with:
- More than 400 gigawatts (GW) of capacity
- Fully web-enabled
- Quarterly data updates
- High data comparability
- Data confidentiality
- Detailed cost and performance data
- Customized analysis
- Support for performance improvement plans
GKS Hydro® benchmarking is a web-enabled subscription benchmarking service that provides a diagnostic assessment of each participating company's performance relative to industry peers. Using these cost and operational performance benchmarks as an objective baseline, companies can identify and close performance gaps.
GKS Hydro® was first implemented in 1994 and provides invaluable benefits. Its combination of quantitative benchmarks and management consulting expertise provides a diagnostic assessment of each participant's hydro generation organization. Navigant’s process builds industry awareness, establishes a solid basis for comparison, and positions companies to implement meaningful performance improvements.
GKS Gold® Benchmarking
The premier benchmarking service for fossil, hydro, and wind generation.
As the undisputed industry leader in fossil and hydro benchmarking, Navigant is responding to the world's evolving energy generation mix by expanding our web-enabled benchmarking services to include GKS Wind™.
GKS Wind™ provides energy generators with the same dynamic benefits provided by Navigant's GKS Fossil® and GKS Hydro® benchmarking services, including:
- A unique, integrated database of engineering design, operating history, unit characteristics, cost and performance data
- An easy-to-use point-and-click user interface for accessing and analyzing the database
- The basis for models and their analytic and predictive capabilities
- A high level of data confidentiality
- Minimal data gathering effort with electronic transfers that ensure timely, accurate data
- Flexible, customized analysis of generation unit performance versus peer units and the ability to roll-up unit information to a higher level, such as wind group or wind farm