Climate change and the related emerging government and regulatory policies are having a significant impact on the energy industry. Navigant has been anticipating, and preparing for, this trend for several years. Our clean energy experts are helping our clients identify the cost and risk implications of climate change and carbon markets, and we are assisting them in minimizing risks while maximizing revenue and opportunity.
The energy sector currently accounts for approximately forty percent of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) -- making our electricity infrastructure a key factor in the transition to a clean energy future. Navigant understands this, and knows that the key to addressing climate change lies in understanding the entire electricity spectrum -- from energy generation to customer use, and everything in between.
Our climate change consulting team work across the entire energy value chain in order to meet our clients' needs in all of these fields and support our clients' needs for systematic, strategic and business-oriented approaches to both regulatory compliance and business opportunities related to climate change.
Price Signals and Greenhouse Gas Reduction in the Electricity Sector
Includes a foreword by former Secretary of Energy Federico Peña.
Our clean energy experts are widely regarded for:
- deep expertise in both conventional and emerging distributed and renewable generating technologies
- detailed understanding of transmission and distribution systems
- leadership in the development of the Smart Grid
- understanding of electricity demand drivers
- advanced technical knowledge of energy efficient end-use technologies
- insight into new markets opening up as a result of climate change
Our clean energy experts assist our clients in:
- understanding the implications of emerging U.S. climate change policy to their organizations
- understanding carbon markets and pricing affect operations and dispatch strategies
- developing business strategies for integrating climate change into an organization's long-term business plan