Program Design and Policy Analysis
It is possible to achieve widespread energy efficiency and demand response economically. However, those efforts require policies, programs, and marketing efforts based on a deep understanding of:
- the underlying technologies
- technology trends
- customer needs, wants and barriers
- efficient business processes that deliver high quality customer services
- effective management
Navigant’s seasoned professionals bring practical, market-oriented insight to the development and implementation of energy efficiency programs and policies. Our process of developing program designs, policies and market-based service offerings includes:
- Defining ambitions and goals
- Understanding the landscape, including what customers are doing and why; barriers and decision criteria; and how programs, policies, service offerings and marketing can motivate customers to adopt more energy-efficient equipment and practices
- Analyzing program and policy design alternatives based on market fundamentals, best practices, risk, and net benefits
- Rigorous analysis of economics and finances, including risks, returns, and externalities
- Addressing regulatory considerations and constraints
- Developing innovative and best practice marketing approaches
- Implementing management models that most effectively leverage the competencies of the organization, ensure accountability, and allow for continuous improvement and responses to the rapidly changing external environment.
Review of the Efficiency Maine Trust Triennial Plan (2011-2013)
A Report Prepared for the Maine Public Utilities Commission.
Our experts use proven approaches based upon rigorous analysis of the markets, lessons of experience and best practices, and proprietary tools to assist utilities, Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), and governmental agencies in developing programs and policies that cost-effectively accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency.
Our team specializes in working with utilities, ESCOs and government agencies to implement programs in which results will be measured, deadlines need to be adhered to, and budgets have to be met. Our professionals are proud to be a part of the leading advisory to governments, utilities, and manufacturers in the area of emerging technology in energy efficiency, demand response and renewable generation.
Our services include:
- Setting program goals and objectives
- Technology assessment
- Program design
- Commercialization strategy
- Program or business model operating model and management
- Pilot programs
- Marketing strategies
- Policy Analysis
- Benefit-cost analysis and program filings
- Program and portfolio management