Customer Strategies and Operational Improvement
Navigant helps utilities understand emerging customer-operations-related challenges, including business process transformations created by large-scale Smart Meter and Smart Grid deployments. Our areas of expertise include:
- Independent verification of Smart Meter accuracy and meter-to-bill process effectiveness
- Customer advisor process transformation to leverage Smart Grid capabilities
- Meter services process transformation following the deployment of advanced meter infrastructure (AMI)
- Customer self-service strategies
- Strategies to manage and reduce customer contact volumes
- Electronic bill presentment and remittance
- Customer outage communications
- Customer service outsourcing strategies
- Card payments strategy
We offer perspectives grounded in a deep operational knowledge combined with access to perspectives from a broad range of regulated, deregulated and municipal utilities.
The Future of Utility Meter Services
Changing needs, requirements, and responsibilities for meter services work groups in a post-AMI deployment world
Smart Metering Deployments Case Study: Pitfalls and Perils
We operate the Navigant Utility Forum, a panel of electric and gas utilities, from both regulated and non-regulated markets, focused on exploring the future of utility operations and organization within the context of the convergence of customer operations, integrated demand-side management (DSM), marketing and Smart Grid deployment. For more information on the Navigant Utility Forum, click here.
This convergence is transforming the industry and how utility companies will interact with customers in the years ahead. We invite you to explore a vision of the future customer service delivery model by viewing our award winning video “A Day in the Life of the Future Customer”.