Business Planning, Performance Improvement and Benchmarking
Business planning for today’s energy companies must accommodate the major uncertainties created by pending clean energy legislation, regulations, and policies. State, regional and Federal renewable portfolio standards, energy efficiency goals, and carbon cap-and-trade programs all introduce complexities that energy companies must address through robust business planning processes. As a result, business planning must begin with identifying possible future scenarios and result in a well-informed capital and operating budget for the organization.
Navigant’s proven approach to business planning and performance improvement is based on a strong understanding of each individual company’s existing operations and our deep industry insight into the future scenarios companies may face.
Our experts take the time to understand each client’s existing business planning foundations before developing critical milestones and incorporating key performance drivers. This insight allows our team to develop effective:
- Benchmarking analysis
- Future greenhouse gas (GHG) and carbon scenario development
- Impact analysis
- Strategic alternative development
- Business plan
Capital and operations and maintenance (O&M) budgeting
Navigant assists clients across the entire electric and natural gas value chain to thrive during the shift to a low-carbon future. Our integrated approach is the most effective way to fully address the challenges that impact virtually every part of an energy company’s business, including:
- Strategic planning, including major investment and business growth decisions
- Generation portfolio re-positioning, including meeting renewable portfolio standards and responding to major cost changes in traditional generation portfolios
- Transmission planning, including grid impacts caused by new types and locations of generation resources and changing energy demand patterns
- Power procurement
- Customer energy usage, including meeting energy efficiency standards and enabling price-informed customer energy usage choices