For more report details and purchasing information, click here.
The seventh annual edition of Photovoltaic Manufacturer Shipments & Competitive Analysis 2010/2011 provides quantitative shipment, capacity, and module price data for the supply side of terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) industry. It updates long-term regional shipment history and average module selling price information, technology market shares, cumulative manufacturing histories, and manufacturing capacities, and provides analysis of the top ten manufacturers of photovoltaic technology for 2011. In addition to focusing on details of the last two years, 2010-2011, the report also includes a five-year technology forecast, including PV, concentrated solar power (CSP), concentrated photovoltaic (CPV), and an appendix of current module products.
In 2011, PV industry shipments to the first point of sale (first buyer) grew by 35%—from 17.4-GWp in 2010 to 23.6-GWp in 2011. While 2011’s 35% shipment growth can be considered strong, it was less than the 120% experienced in 2010, and was not accompanied by a strong increase in technology revenues, which grew at rate of just 4% over the previous period. Given the low to negative margins and net losses experienced on the manufacturing side of the industry in 2011, this report provides valuable insight into how manufacturing capacity, shipments, revenues and prices will work in a low incentive environment over the long-term.
The report includes:
- Average selling price for PV technologies with a complete trend line from 1986 to 2011 and forecast out to 2021, as well as analysis of average technology prices by buyer category as well as for thin film and crystalline technologies
- Annual shipments of PV technologies broken out by region, manufacturer, and technology
- Discussion of 2011’s top PV manufacturers, including shipment and revenue data, and an overview of the 15 manufacturers shipping >3% of total
- Analysis of industry capacity utilization and a breakdown of capacity by manufacturer and region
- Competitive overview of 2011’s top ten PV manufacturers
- Forecast and discussion for CSP, HCPV and LCPV
- Appendix providing overview of available module products
Basic license (1-5 users): $3,900
Enterprise license (unlimited users): $ 5,500
The information concerning the report, “Photovoltaic Manufacturer Shipments, Capacity & Competitive Analysis 2011/2012” is a summary and reflects Navigant’s current expectations based on market data and trend analysis. Navigant’s market predictions and expectations are inherently uncertain and actual results may differ materially. Please refer to the full Navigant report for a complete understanding of the assumptions underlying the report’s conclusions and the methodologies used by Navigant to create the report. Navigant undertakes no obligation to update any of the information contained in this press release or the report.