Valuation and Financial Advisory
Health systems, physician groups, payers, and other healthcare organizations are currently facing significant financial and operational challenges against the backdrop of a changing economic landscape due to healthcare reform. Both for-profit and non-profit entities are seeking ways to optimize capacity, cut costs, grow into new markets, evaluate service lines, and improve quality of care by aligning with physicians and affiliating with other entities. The traditional approaches used to evaluate opportunities historically by payers and providers are not the same methods that will be required to measure sustainability in the new world.
Navigant’s valuation experts have many years of healthcare industry experience and are attuned to legal, regulatory and financial reporting issues affecting valuations in the healthcare industry, including:
- Medicare and Medicaid “fraud and abuse” laws (Anti-Kickback Statute)
- Physician Self-Referral (“Stark”) Regulations
- Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) for tax exempt organizations (private inurement and private benefit restrictions)
- State Attorney General review processes and mandates
- Commercial Reasonableness
- State Certificate of Need (CON) laws
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) Advisory Opinions
- FASB Accounting Standards (e.g., Topics: 350, 360, 805, 820)
Healthcare Valuation and Financial Advisory Services
Valuation and Financial Advisory Services and Expertise Overview
Navigant Healthcare provides its clients with advisory services that are focused on transaction analysis and support. Navigant offers unbiased advice that is centered on creating value for our clients in a market that is significantly fueled by industry-wide trends of cost reduction through healthcare reform. Our transaction advisory services serve clients across the healthcare provider continuum.
Our team members are dedicated to offering all services throughout the deal process, including providing management with a thorough analysis and understanding of each strategic alternative. Our transaction advisory services encompass four specific areas of expertise:
- Transaction Due Diligence
- Strategic Alternative Assessment
- Investment Advisory
- Valuation Advisory
- Real Estate Advisory & Valuation Services
- Fixed Asset Management & Valuation Services
In order to ensure clients receive the highest level of expertise, the Valuation and Financial Advisory Services team has the ability to draw upon a unique combination of technical expertise and deep healthcare industry knowledge within one firm to provide comprehensive, customized solutions to our clients.
See Navigant's Health System Strategy services.
Click here to read our insights on the healthcare industry.